Sunday, November 25, 2012

Can Opener

One-Handed Can Opener
One Touch Hands-Free Can Opener
Setting: kitchen

Materials:
Can
Batteries
One Handed Can Opener

Instructions:
1. Place can upright and insert batteries into can opener.
2. Put one handed can opener over the can.
3. Press the button on the can opener and do not touch until the can opener is off.

Purpose: The purpose of this activity is to allow someone who has very weak upper extremity strength or an amputee the ability to open a can independently. I bought this for myself when I moved to Bangor since I can be a weakling in my wrist and it really works great. It even has a safety feature that as long as you don't get in the way of the blade as it is cutting, it cleans the cut so that you can't cut yourself along the can afterwards.


Bed Bath & Beyond. (2012). One Touch Hands-Free Can Opener. [Image].

No comments:

Post a Comment